Recipe by Sherrybeth
This recipe is my mom's. She got it when she was in college studying to be a Home Economist (which she has been for over 40 years now). We've tried different recipes over the years, but we ALWAYS come back to this one. The secret, I think, is the flavoring. The vanilla, butter & nut flavoring makes it out of this world rich. It's not for anyone counting calories and when adding the milk, I do use 2% instead of whole milk.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla butternut flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate eggs. Beat egg whites until fluffy.
- Add sugar to the eggs white and beat until creamy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, whipping cream, egg yolks, salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream freezer, then add the half and half.
- If needed, add milk to mixture until it reaches the "fill" line on your ice cream freezer.
- Process according to your ice cream maker.
- For peach ice cream, add 2 cups crushed peaches and an extra 1/2 cup of sugar.