Recipe by grandma2969
These are great to have on hand..I freeze them for up to 3 months..well sealed..
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine sugar and crisco until blended, 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add slowly to creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into quarters. Wrap with plastic wrap and roll into a disc or a log.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, or freeze up to 3 months.
- Slice and bake or roll out to about 1/4" thickness and bake for 5-9 minutes.
- Decorate as desired or leave plain.