Chef #1045515's Note:
This recipe is mayonnaise-free, fresh, and delicious. I've taken it as an appetizer to every party and it is the first thing gone, and everyone raves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts (chop up into smaller pieces for use, or a couple of pulses in the processor)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 -3 garlic clove, chopped (depending on your garlic preference)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a deep fry pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Add cream cheese and garlic, stir 3-4 minutes or until the cream cheese melts.
- 4Add artichokes, sour cream, and 1 1/2 cup of mozzarella (save 1/2 cup for the topping).
- 5Fold in spinach approximately 1 cup at a time and let the spinach reduce (this takes patience -- but it's worth it!).
- 6Optional for heat: mix in jalepenos (1-3 tblsp chopped, canned or fresh) and/or crushed red pepper flakes (1 tsp).
- 7Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella over the top.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- 9Let cool 5 minutes, serve with pita chips for dipping or as a spread.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Very Best Spinach Artichoke Dip Ever
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.5
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 768.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 27.3 g