Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is mayonnaise-free, fresh, and delicious. I've taken it as an appetizer to every party and it is the first thing gone, and everyone raves.
- 16 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts (chop up into smaller pieces for use, or a couple of pulses in the processor)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 -3 garlic clove, chopped (depending on your garlic preference)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a deep fry pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic, stir 3-4 minutes or until the cream cheese melts.
- Add artichokes, sour cream, and 1 1/2 cup of mozzarella (save 1/2 cup for the topping).
- Fold in spinach approximately 1 cup at a time and let the spinach reduce (this takes patience -- but it's worth it!).
- Optional for heat: mix in jalepenos (1-3 tblsp chopped, canned or fresh) and/or crushed red pepper flakes (1 tsp).
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Let cool 5 minutes, serve with pita chips for dipping or as a spread.