Recipe by polly salama
this is a great treat for those that love brie cheese. serve with baguette lices or crackers. so tasty!
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, 12 x 18 inch (the key to this recipe and any other phyllo dough recipe is to keep the thawed phyllo sheets covered)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped,reserve one tbs oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces firm brie cheese, round with rind in tact
Directions See How It's Made
- roast the nuts on a baking sheet in a 350 oven for 5-7 minutes.
- mix the oil and the butter.
- brush the phyllo sheets individually with butter mixture and stack on top of one another.
- spread chopped tomatoes,basil,garlic and toasted nuts in a round that matches that of the cheese.
- fold the phyllo dough individually over the cheese and brush lightly with butter.
- press the dough against the cheese to form a tight, smooth package.
- place the wrapped cheese in a 9 inch pie pan.
- brush the top with the butter mixture.
- bake in a 350 oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- cool for 10 minutes.