1/4 Photos of The Very Best Oatmeal Cookies
One of the best oatmeal cookies I've ever tasted. A definite family favorite. They are fantastic without the optional nuts, raisins or chocolate. Photo by KC Cooker is how these cookies look when I bake them--fairly flat, chewy in the middle with crispy edges. Yum.....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cream together shortening and sugars.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- 4Sift together flour, salt and soda.
- 5Add to creamed mixture.
- 6Stir in oats slowly.
- 7Mix well. Add nuts, chips or raisins, if desired. Dough will be fairly stiff.
- 8Drop by heaping tablespoon on lightly greased cookie sheet. (I use a 4 teaspoon cookie scoop and press them down slightly before baking).
- 9Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Very Best Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 104.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g