Recipe by Chill
Absolutely the very best! Make sure you double this recipe. Everyone loves the dipping sauce! A friend gave it to me years ago, it was from Gourmet magazine.
Top Review by karen in tbay
Absolutelty outstanding! The kids want to kiss the cook cuz its so addicting even tho it is quite spicy hot but you can't stop eating it!MMMMMMMMMMMM If you don't soak up all the sauce with bread, it can be added to a chicken stock soup with the addition of only fine egg noodles maybe a little broccoli, Guaranteed great gourmet taste. Keep em coming CHILL!
- 1 lb shrimp
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, plus
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup beer, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- lots of crusty French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mix and store in glass jar, tightly sealed.
- In heavy skillet over high heat combine 4 oz.
- butter,garlic, worcestershire and seasoning mix.
- When butter is melted, add shrimp.
- Cook for 2 minutes, shaking pan back and forth.
- DON'T STIR!
- Add remaining butter, stock and beer.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes, shaking the pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately in bowl with lots of french bread to soak up the sauce.
- *Shaking the pan in a back and forth motion, along with the additional of the stock helps keep the sauce from separating and having an oil texture.
- Stirring doesn't do the same.