Recipe by akgrown
Butter, milk, a bit of heavy cream, and the secret ingredient-a dash of vinegar-make these the most delicious mashed potatoes ever. If you want to make them a head of time, reheat in the microwave at half-power, stirring every 3 minutes until hot. From Parents Magazine.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, simmer potatoes in salted water until soft. Drain well.
- Return to saucepan; add milk, cream, and butter. Mash potatoes until fluffy.
- Beat in vinegar, mixing well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- *Can be made ahead: Cool, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.