If you've never liked hummus that's because you only bought that yucky store bought "stuff". Stay away from that and serve this on nice warm crusty bread and watch everyone's faces in delight! I always add more lemon juice, garlic, and salt to my tastes.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (or about 5 oz. of dried chickpeans or garbanzo beans which have been soaked overnight and cooked for)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (typically olive oil is used)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 whole scallion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- Blend all ingredients except for beans in a food processor.
- Add beans and process until it resembles a chunky dip; not completely smooth.