1/1 Photo of The Very Best Butternut Squash Soup!!!!! Everrr!!!!
Rollin' in tha Dough!'s Note:
No one will not like this soup and everyone will love this soup. That is all... By the way, this is a super easy recipe! I succeeded on my first try. Just keep in mind that the ginger and cumin are what really make the taste of this soup. To make things easier, simply grate the ginger with a cheese grater instead of cutting with a knife. If you bring this anywhere, you'll definitely be bringing home an empty dish so leave some extra at home if you want to have more later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger (important)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (or ground) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (black or brown, you can get these at Asian or bulk food stores or don't use if on a gluten-free diet)
- 1 medium sized squash (microwave it for a minute to make it easier to peel)
- 4 cups chicken stock (use slightly less to make soup thicker!, vegans, use organic vegetable stock)
- salt and pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper (diced in very tiny cubes, size of kernel corn)
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup 10% cream (use Alpro or Mimicreme if you're vegan)
- 1Heat oil on medium and saute onion, garlic, ginger until soft and golden (about 3, 5 min - make sure not to burn the garlic!).
- 2Add cumin and mustard seed and saute until you hear the seeds pop (30-60 sec), then stir in the cubed squash and toss to coat, then add stock, bring to a boil and cover.
- 3Reduce heat and let simmer until the squash is soft and tender. At this point, you want to add the salt and pepper to taste.
- 4You want to turn heat off and let cool before you puree. Once cooled, this is where you need a blender and an extra pot. You want to place around 3-4 ladles of the soup in the blender - don't fill all the way - and puree, then place in the new pot. Once all the soup is pureed, put back on medium low heat.
- 5Stir in the cream (make sure you stir enough to get the cream incorporated, otherwise it will curdle).
- 6Then add your corn and red pepper. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes and VOILA!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Very Best Butternut Squash Soup!!!!! Everrr!!!!
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.4
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 252.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g