Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have tried lots of brownie recipes throughout the years but this one is still my favorite..It is cake-like, but also a tad chewy, with that deep allure of chocolate that keeps you reaching for more of them..and more.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and cocoa.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending after each addition.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13" pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top if firm to the touch.
- Do not overbake or the brownies will be dry.
- Allow to stand 15 minutes, then cut into 32 squares.