Recipe by karen in tbay
This recipe came to me in a newsletter from dairygoodness.ca and boy am I ever glad I tried them. These have to be the very very best muffins I have ever made.
Top Review by annlouise
Wow! These muffins live up to their claim. I was so impressed with these. I used all whole wheat flour, and since I was out of regular molasses, I used mostly golden corn syrup with a touch of blackstrap molasses. The only problem is that I should have made a double batch!
- 354.88 ml all-bran cereal (or 100% bran)
- 354.88 ml soured milk (or buttermilk)
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml molasses
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 473.18 ml blueberries (frozen or fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly spray muffin pans.
- In large bowl, combine cereal with milk, let stand 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk brown sugar, egg, molasses and melted butter into cereal mixture.
- Pour over dry ingredients and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake 25 to 30 mins or until tops are firm to the touch.
- Note: to sour milk, spoon 4 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar into glass measuring cup, pour in enough milk to make 1 1/2 cups. Let stand for 5 mins then stir.
- If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to the muffins.