Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from "The Vanilla Chef" written by Patricia Rain (The Vanilla Queen.) You can find this and more at www.vanilla.com. The legendary Mojito adds yet another dimension of deliciousness of Cuban cuisine.
- 3 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 9 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Angostura bitters
- 1 1⁄2 cups light rum
- 6 cups crushed ice
- 6 lime wedges or 6 slices limes
- 6 sprigs mint
- In a medium bowl place mint leaves, sugar, Angostura Bitters and vanilla.
- With a wooden spoon, mash the mixture with the mint leaves until the oils of the mint are fragrant and released.
- Add the rum and lime juice, and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Let mixture rest for at least two hours.
- Strain rum-mint mixture into a large pitcher.
- Add club soda.
- Fill glasses with ice, pour in Mojitos, and garnish with mint sprigs and lime.