Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Love fried green tomatoes but felt guilty about the fry part. This way I can have all I want, no guilt!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 green tomatoes (sliced 1/2-inch-thick)
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven 400'.
- Combine flour, cornmeal salt and pepper in a pie pan.
- Pour skim milk in another pie pan.
- Dip tomato slices into milk, then into flour mixture.
- Lightly coat both sides of tomato slices with cooking spray.
- Place a baking sheet in oven; heat at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven; immediately coat with cooking spray. Place tomato slices on preheated baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
This worked wonderfully for me. Thanks