Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This has been in my recipe binder for many years and can be made up to 2 1/2 hours before you plan to serve it.It's a delectable blender souffle that can't fail! Notes at the end tell how to convert it into a chocolate souffle. Originally clipped from a magazine.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, cream, sugar and zest in an electric blender.
- Cut cream cheese into pieces and add to container with coconut.
- Blend at high speed for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a buttered 1 quart casserole or souffle dish.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Blended mixture can be refrigerated up to 2 1/2 hours before baking; increase baking time to 1 hour.
- * To make a hot chocolate souffle, prepare as directed above, eliminating the orange zest and substituting 1 4 oz. package of German sweet chocolate,melted, for the coconut.