Recipe by MizzNezz
The perfect summer dessert. Not your ordinary strawberry shortcake!
Top Review by Sharlene~W
Tried the shortcake tonight for a potluck. It went together very easy--especially after I decided it would be easier to gently break the angel food into small chunks instead of cutting into cubes--I think it came out the same in the end. I envisioned it being cake height, but in actuality it was only about an inch high and a bit difficult to serve in intact squares. As was mentioned in another review, served up in spoonfuls after failed attempt at squares. The flavor was very good though--everyone loved it. UPDATE: Made the a second time this week. Tried to be even more gentle when folding in the cake pieces. I put it in a 8" trifle-style bowl and I was happier with the results.
- 946.0 ml fresh strawberries (or more if you like)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 226.79 g container frozen whipped topping
- 396.89 g angel food cake, cut into cubes (I buy the cake already made)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, stem, and cut strawberries in half.
- Add sugar; toss to mix well.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar well.
- Fold in whipped topping and cake cubes.
- Spread cake into an ungreased 13x9 dish.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Cut cake into squares; top with strawberries.