Recipe by Sue's Kitchen
These are the best steak sandwiches I adopted when I was homesick for Montreal...perhaps better than my memory!! Enjoy.
- 2 minute steaks or 2 cube steaks
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- butter or margarine
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 kaiser rolls (or any hardy roll, sometimes french bread does the trick)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese or 2 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Season steak with spice and set aside.
- Chop garlic and add 1/4 cup of butter and chopped parsley.Microwave for 1 minute and let rest.
- Add green pepper, onion and mushrooms to frying pan - dot with butter and add some salt and pepper. Cook over med/low heat until soft.
- Halve the kaiser rolls and butter with the garlic mixture on both sides. Add slice of mozzarella/swiss (sometimes I combine) to bottom half of rolls.
- Sprinkle a second frying pan (or grill) with olive oil and when ready, sear the seasoned steaks on both sides. Turn off heat and cover with tin foil tent for at least 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Assemble sandwiches by adding steak on top of cheese, add mushroom/green pepper/onion mixture and close sandwich with top of roll.
- Wrap in tin foil and heat in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let then cool a bit -- then enjoy!