1/2 Photos of The Ultimate Steak Sandwich--Watch Out
Sue's Kitchen's Note:
These are the best steak sandwiches I adopted when I was homesick for Montreal...perhaps better than my memory!! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 minute steaks or 2 cube steaks
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- butter or margarine
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 kaiser rolls (or any hardy roll, sometimes french bread does the trick)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese or 2 slices swiss cheese
- 1Season steak with spice and set aside.
- 2Chop garlic and add 1/4 cup of butter and chopped parsley.Microwave for 1 minute and let rest.
- 3Add green pepper, onion and mushrooms to frying pan - dot with butter and add some salt and pepper. Cook over med/low heat until soft.
- 4Halve the kaiser rolls and butter with the garlic mixture on both sides. Add slice of mozzarella/swiss (sometimes I combine) to bottom half of rolls.
- 5Sprinkle a second frying pan (or grill) with olive oil and when ready, sear the seasoned steaks on both sides. Turn off heat and cover with tin foil tent for at least 5 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Assemble sandwiches by adding steak on top of cheese, add mushroom/green pepper/onion mixture and close sandwich with top of roll.
- 8Wrap in tin foil and heat in oven for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove and let then cool a bit -- then enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Steak Sandwich--Watch Out
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.2
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 534.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 23.4 g