Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Tyler's Ultimate
- 2 large eggs
- 2 bacon, slices cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 (1 lb) bag Baby Spinach
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Put the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, turn the heat off and let the eggs sit for 12 minutes. Lift the eggs out of the pan and cool; peel the eggs.
- Meanwhile, put the bacon strips into a big skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat to render the fat. Scoop the bacon out and set aside onto a plate, leaving the fat in the pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes, until soft. Add the honey and vinegar and keep cooking until the onion has caramelized, about 5 more minutes. Toss the spinach into the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss with tongs until the spinach is just wilted, about 30 seconds. Dump the spinach out into a bowl and add the bacon. Halve the eggs and arrange on top of the salad.