1/5 Photos of The Ultimate Salmon Fillets
Living on the west coast, we have eaten a great deal of salmon. This is ABSOLUTELY the best way we have found to cook it. It is so moist and the flavor is fantastic! Many reviewers have said that they think the cheese, especially the cheddar is unnecessary, and I have to admit that I omit the cheddar cheese myself. The flavour is a little too strong and it is extra fat that is not needed. I do like the sprinkling of parmesan with the paprika because it looks so nice when it is broiled. Using light mayonnaise and light sour cream or yogurt tastes just as good as the full fat versions and cuts down fat and calories even more. Thanks for all the great reviews!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2If frozen, partially thaw fillets and cut into serving size pieces.
- 3Place in a greased baking dish.
- 4Combine sour cream or yogurt, mustard, onion, dill, and mayonnaise.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Spread mixture over fish.
- 7Bake 20 minutes per inch of thickness of fish if frozen or 10-12 minutes if thawed.
- 8When just done, sprinkle with the cheeses and a dash of paprika.
- 9Broil 1 minute or until the cheese is bubbly and flecked with brown.
- 10Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Salmon Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.2
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 89.7 mg
- Sodium 328.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: