Living on the west coast, we have eaten a great deal of salmon. This is ABSOLUTELY the best way we have found to cook it. It is so moist and the flavor is fantastic! Many reviewers have said that they think the cheese, especially the cheddar is unnecessary, and I have to admit that I omit the cheddar cheese myself. The flavour is a little too strong and it is extra fat that is not needed. I do like the sprinkling of parmesan with the paprika because it looks so nice when it is broiled. Using light mayonnaise and light sour cream or yogurt tastes just as good as the full fat versions and cuts down fat and calories even more. Thanks for all the great reviews!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- If frozen, partially thaw fillets and cut into serving size pieces.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- Combine sour cream or yogurt, mustard, onion, dill, and mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture over fish.
- Bake 20 minutes per inch of thickness of fish if frozen or 10-12 minutes if thawed.
- When just done, sprinkle with the cheeses and a dash of paprika.
- Broil 1 minute or until the cheese is bubbly and flecked with brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges.