Recipe by Dessertcher
This takes along time but it is worth it. Not a strong peanut taste. Just subtle.
Gingersnap Cookie Crust
- 1 1⁄4 cups fine gingersnap crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Peanut Butter Streusel
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 ounce finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups chilled heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks
Peanut Butter Glaze or Garnish
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce shaved bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients with fork until well blended and evenly moistened. Firmly press onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until crust firms up and is set. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine cream and chocolate in glass measure or bowl. Microwave on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until cream is simmering; whisk mixture until smooth. Pour over bottom of cooled crust, spreading into an even layer. Place in freezer 30 minutes or until ganache is firm. Meanwhile, prepare Peanut Butter Streusel.
- Stir together ingredients in small bowl with fork until confectioners' sugar is incorporated. Drop pea-sized clumps of streusel onto a plate, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Using mixer with paddle attachment, cream together confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, cream cheese, ginger and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until incorporated. Spoon half of the filling into crust and spread into an even layer. Scatter streusel evenly over filling. Spoon the remaining filling over the streusel. With offset spatula, smooth filling into an even mound, sloping down to meet edge of crust. Place pie in freezer for at least 3 hours, or until filling is frozen hard.
- Glaze and Garnish:.
- Combine cream and white chocolate in 2-cup glass measure. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until cream is simmering; let stand 1 minute. Whisk melted chocolate into cream. Add peanut butter and vanilla; whisk until glaze is smooth. Let glaze stand 5 minutes to thicken slightly. Slowly pour glaze over top of frozen pie, letting it slowly run down slopes of filling mound, to cover filling completely (use a small icing spatula to spread glaze to crust edge). Spoon shaved chocolate in a 2-inch band around edge of filling. Garnish with peanut halves. Freeze at least 1 hour or until firm.