Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine while waiting in the dentist's office. Fortunately, I had enough time to write it out before being called in. It sure sounds yummy!!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease sides of 13 by 9-inch cake pan; line bottom with parchment paper.
- In bowl, beat butter with sugar; beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder; stir into butter mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of milk.
- Scrape into pan; smooth top.
- Arrange peaches on top; sprinkle with topping.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Let cool on rack about 15 minutes.
- Stir together sugar, milk and vanilla, adding up to 1 teaspoons more milk until glaze is pourable.
- Drizzle over cake.
Very good and it's also very moist. I question the need for lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper since you aren't turning the cake out of the pan and it just seemed to create a problem when cutting and serving. Next time I will try just greasing the sides and bottom of the pan.
Awesome peach cake, a little decadent with both a cinnamon/brown sugar topping and a glaze, but so good that everyone went back for seconds. I was lazy and just cleaned and diced the peaches without peeling them and that seemed to work fine. Thanks for the lovely recipe, Boyz 5, definitely a make again!