Recipe by Leslie in Texas
I received this recipe over 10 years ago from the daughter of a friend. Not only are these muffins healthy, they're delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dates or 3⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix together the flours,oats, cereal, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the egg, milk, oil and molasses.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and mix well to blend.
- Stir in the almonds and dates or raisins.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 1/2 full and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.