Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cheesecake recipe was sent to me by my girlfriend who lives in Los Angeles. According to her, this is an outstanding cheesecake recipe. I finally decided to give it a try--well oh my, what can I say...it IS definitely outstanding! Note Tia Maria liqueur works the best in this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 3 tablespoons Tia Maria (or any similar tasting liqueur)
- Set oven to 325 degrees. Set oven rack to second lowest position.
- Combine cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter until moistened; press onto bottom and halfway up sides of ungreased 9-in springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutess; remove from oven and cool. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips.
- In a large-size mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese and 3/4 cup of sugar. Beat on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing on low speed, just until blended.
- Add instant coffee to Tia Maria, and stir until dissolved. Mix into cream cheese mixture; Pour into prepared crust. Sprinkle with remaining milk chocolate chips.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until almost cooked (the center will be wobbly). Let cool.
- Refrigerate for 7 hours, or overnight.
I'm glad I finally tried this...it's so good! I realized too late that I didn't have the right sized springform pan, so I used an extra-large pie plate. It worked fine. Also, I used one block of light cream cheese with two blocks of regular, and it still tasted very rich and decadent. The coffee flavor is fairly strong - I think it was perfect. Thanks so much for sharing such a delicious recipe!!