After sifting through tons of copycats and after a great deal of personal trial and error, I've come up with a pretty mean Micky D's Style burger. The best part of the recipe is by far the secret sauce, the ultimate burger enhancer. (And no, it's NOT thousand Island). I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine does! Note: You will want to mix and refridgerate both patties and sauce prior to cook time Doing this in advance makes for a super quick and easy dinner
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons heaping WISHBONE Deluxe French salad dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon Heinz® sweet relish
- 2 teaspoons heaping VLASIC dill pickle relish (Heinz dill relish also works)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2Mix all ingredients and then microwave for approximately 20 seconds on high to melt sugar.
- 3*****Then refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, allowing flavors to blend.***** This is the most crucial yet overlooked step!
- 4while waiting on sauce, gather burger ingredients.
- 5Pickles: Slice Vlasic original or Heinz genuine dills into small slices (cut at angle) and set aside.
- 6Onions: Place dried onions in tupperware container and cover in water (should be just barely submerged) set aside (in refridgerator).
- 7Patties: Mix salt, msg, pepper, and onion together in a shaker or small container. Lightly season beef, kneading about 1/3 of the seasoning into the meat. divide meat into 8 small patties about 4 in by 1/4 in for 1/8 lb patties, 1/2 - 3/4 in for 1/4 pound patties. Press flat onto wax paper and then freeze for approximately 30 minutes. (This prevents the patties from breaking apart when grilled)
- 8Once frozen, cook patties at about 400 degrees on a griddle, george forman grill, or if necessary, pan fry them on high. They are thin, so they should cook quickly, about 2 minutes each will do. Sprinkle generously with premade burger seasonings, remove and top with 1 slice of Kraft American cheese.
- 9Then open and place both crown and heel of burger bun on same griddle, allowing bun to toast and soak in burger flavor. Make sure that griddle is not wet enough to dampen bun! You want to allow bun to pick up residual burger flavors, without soaking or dampening. Toast for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- 10Remove bun and seperate two pieces, crown and heel.
- 11Crown: top with 5 small squirts of Heinz tomato ketchup, 5 squirts of yellow French's mustard, and then add your onions and pickle slices. (amounts will vary depending on tastes, I use just under 1 tsp onion and 3 pickle slices).
- 12Heel: top generously with Mac Sauce before topping with patty and prepared crown.
- 13"Big Mac Style:" If desired, this recipe can be used for larger 1/4 lb patties and/or layered "Big Mac" style. If this is desired, toast two buns per burger, discarding second crown on each. Top each heel with Mac sauce, burger patty, and 1 slice kraft american cheese, then stack one on top of the other. Prepare one crown as described above and then top burger with onions, pickle, toasted crown, and any additional desired ingredients (such as lettuce or tomato).
- 14And presto! The ultimate Mcdonalds style cheeseburger! This recipe can be made very quickly with practice. Additionally, making sauce and patties in advance really speeds up the process. Your thoughts are always welcome and appreciated, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Mcdonald's Burger Recipe Complete With Secret Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 4828.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground chuck