Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is decadent! Creamy, thick and delicious! Perfect for a cold winter night!
Make and share this The Ultimate Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup sour cream (plus more for garnish)
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Fry the bacon in the bottom of a large dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot.
- Once the bacon is done, remove and set a side (chopp for garnish once it cools).
- Add the onion and garlic to the bacon fat left in the pot and sautee until the onions are translucent (medium-low heat so that the garlic does not burn).
- Wisk the flour into the onions and garlic mixture while in the pot and cook for an additional few minutes to cook out the flour.
- Slowly wisk in the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream.
- Add in the potatoes. Bring it to a boil then reduce to a low heat and cook until the potatos are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and blend everything together with a hand blender (or you can blend it in batches in a regular blender).
- Turn off the heat (makes sure the heat is off or the sour cream will curdle) and add the cheddar cheese and sour cream and mix it all together.
- Serve topped with the chopped bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced scallions.
This recipe is Awesome!!! Tastes just like Outback steakhouse potato soup.... Outstanding!