This recipe is decadent! Creamy, thick and delicious! Perfect for a cold winter night!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 lbs russet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup sour cream (plus more for garnish)
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1Fry the bacon in the bottom of a large dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot.
- 2Once the bacon is done, remove and set a side (chopp for garnish once it cools).
- 3Add the onion and garlic to the bacon fat left in the pot and sautee until the onions are translucent (medium-low heat so that the garlic does not burn).
- 4Wisk the flour into the onions and garlic mixture while in the pot and cook for an additional few minutes to cook out the flour.
- 5Slowly wisk in the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream.
- 6Add in the potatoes. Bring it to a boil then reduce to a low heat and cook until the potatos are tender.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste and blend everything together with a hand blender (or you can blend it in batches in a regular blender).
- 8Turn off the heat (makes sure the heat is off or the sour cream will curdle) and add the cheddar cheese and sour cream and mix it all together.
- 9Serve topped with the chopped bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced scallions.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.2
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.4 mg
- Sodium 291.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 15.1 g