Recipe by Mommy Diva
This is the version most of our family enjoys every Thanksgiving. There are variations depending on preferences (for instance DH won't eat mustard or mayo - I know weird, huh?) but I am posting the full nine yards and the way I like it. Adjust according to your tastes,but try it this way if you can,it is DA BOMB! ** I have used mashed potatoes in addition to the stuffing; and try it all wrapped up in a large flour tortilla that you grill closed.... (I'd forgo the mayo and mustard though.... DONT leave the cranberry off... it's the highlight!). So many yummy ways to revisit your leftovers! I have one posted for Christmas/Easter Ham dinner too... YUMMY!
- 1 slice cooked turkey
- 2 slices bread (I prefer a wheat and grain like Poulsbo for this)
- mayonnaise, to taste
- mustard, to taste
- cream cheese, to taste
- cranberry sauce, to taste
- prepared stuffing, to taste
- 1 -2 slice cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 slices tomatoes
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce (or preferred lettuce as desired)
- 2 -3 tablespoons gravy, to moisten dressing if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- On one slice of bread mix a bit of mayo and mustard to lightly cover bread.
- Layer turkey, stuffing/dressing and spoon desired amount of gravy if desired to moisten.
- Top with tomato, lettuce and cheese.
- Spread cream cheese and cranberry sauce on final piece of bread.
- Enjoy (grab a napkin and maybe a fork in case it gets messy!) ;).