- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 12 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened, more if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients except bread and butter in a medium bowl.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Put sandwiches together using about 1/2 cup of filling each.
- Place buttered side of bread on the outside of sandwich.
- Toast on griddle or in skillet until a deep golden brown. Make sure you cook this slowly over low to med-low heat, so that the inside has a chance to melt before the outside gets too done. Kick up the heat when it gets going.
- *Depending on the size of your bread, this makes 6-10 sandwiches.