Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Melt-in-your-mouth rich and creamy!
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 12 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened, more if needed
- Blend all ingredients except bread and butter in a medium bowl.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Put sandwiches together using about 1/2 cup of filling each.
- Place buttered side of bread on the outside of sandwich.
- Toast on griddle or in skillet until a deep golden brown. Make sure you cook this slowly over low to med-low heat, so that the inside has a chance to melt before the outside gets too done. Kick up the heat when it gets going.
- *Depending on the size of your bread, this makes 6-10 sandwiches.
I think I gained 10lbs. on this since last month when I started making them. My son thinks he's died and gone to heaven after preparing this sandwich. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!
This is one of those recipes that are best left for the holidays. A special treat that is reach and oh so full of fat grams! Still, I've made this recipe for Christmas Eve every year for the past 3 years. It's perfect with homemade tomato basil soup.
I thought we were a family that enjoyed grilled cheese, it turns out we don't love it as much as others. This recipe is very rich and gooey, but a bit much for our tummies. If you love RICH grilled cheese this is totally for you! Thank you for posing and allowing me to give it a go.