Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Melt-in-your-mouth rich and creamy!
Make and share this The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 12 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened, more if needed
- Blend all ingredients except bread and butter in a medium bowl.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Put sandwiches together using about 1/2 cup of filling each.
- Place buttered side of bread on the outside of sandwich.
- Toast on griddle or in skillet until a deep golden brown. Make sure you cook this slowly over low to med-low heat, so that the inside has a chance to melt before the outside gets too done. Kick up the heat when it gets going.
- *Depending on the size of your bread, this makes 6-10 sandwiches.
I thought we were a family that enjoyed grilled cheese, it turns out we don't love it as much as others. This recipe is very rich and gooey, but a bit much for our tummies. If you love RICH grilled cheese this is totally for you! Thank you for posing and allowing me to give it a go.
I really love this sandwich. It is cream and gooey. I spread a thin layer on rye bread and toasted to perfection. Yummo! I used monterey jack cause I didn't have any mozzarella. I am thinking of ways to use the leftovers; on toast, english muffins, bagels and well anything else that will stand still long enough.
Very good. I only made half a recipe and had some left over for lunch the next day. Very rich so won't make often but it is delicious. Served it with Kittencal's Thick and Rich Creamy Tomato Soup (Low-Fat Option).