Recipe by Nicole Brummett
For something a little different. Great for causal get togethers, or sliced into small pieces for appetizers.
Top Review by Mirj
This is heaven! We actually didn't have any mayo in the house, so I substituted sour cream, which really turbo-charged it up! We used a great whole-grain bread, and instead of buttering and frying it up put it in our sandwich toaster. Just 3 little words can describe this -- Oh My God!!!!
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2 in. thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in cheeses, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
- Spread five slices of bread with the cheese mixture, about 1/3 cup on each.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of sandwiches; cook in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.