Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recently a co-worker had a birthday, and someone made this cake for them. I was lucky enough to snag a piece, and fell in love. It is VERY moist, dense, and chocolate filled. I have to say, the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten. Had to get the recipe to share on here. Enjoy!
- 18 1⁄4 ounces pillsbury devil's food cake mix with pudding
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup coffee
- 1⁄2 cup flavored coffee creamer (any flavor- they suggested hazelnut)
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Mix all your ingredients together in a large bowl except for your chocolate chips.
- Stir in chocolate chips gently.
- Pour into a bundt pan, cook in a preheated oven at 325 for one hour.
- Cake will still be very moist when finished.
- Let cool, cut and serve.
I made this tonight and it was very good. VERY moist and dense, as stated. I made as written, minus the chocolate chips because we were out. I'm sure they would add to the chocolaty goodness. I was looking for recipes to use up coffee creamer, and this was perfect. Will be making it a lot in the future.
One of my friends called it "death by chocolate" I used applesauce instead of the oil, chocolate milk instead of the coffee, and 1/2 1/2 instead of the coffee creamer. Only reason I subbed for the coffee is I don't like coffee, since I'm not a coffee drinker, I had no creamer on hand. I made a chocolate icing and drizzled it over the top while it was still warm. I'll definitely make it again.