Prep 6 hrs
Cook 8 mins
SOURCE SHADOWS -- This is the way I posted this recipe originally to About.com. I know there is a post by another member, but this is the original one. Prep Time includes marination time
- 680.38-907.18 g flank steaks
- 59.14 ml madeira wine
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon pepper
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml sea salt or 4.92 ml coarse kosher salt
- 28.39 ml soy sauce or 28.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.46 ml marjoram
- 14.79 ml butter
- This steak is best served with the center red/pink, it is at it's most tender state at that point.
- Place steak in sealable plastic bag.
- Add remaining ingredients, except butter, and place in refrigerator for 6 to 12 hours to marinate.
- Turn bag over at least four times during marination.
- Grill over hot hardwood coals, basting frequently with marinade, for about 8-10 minutes a side.
- Check for doneness.
- When done cut steak on diagonal across the grain.
- Serve with remaining marinade that has been heated to a boil with butter added.
- The flavors can be intensified by using your favorite smoking chips on the cooking coals (I use sassafras, hickory, or apple).
- Leftovers make excellent sandwiches when topped with bacon, tomato and melted cheese (Swiss, Cheddar, Smoked Gouda or Blue) and remaining marinade drizzled on top.
- I store the leftovers in the marinade to keep the steak moist and flavorful.
Made for All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag. This was very good. I didn't have maderia wine so I used the marsala that I had in the fridge. Enjoyed the combination of flavors. Thanks Chef Shadows.
And now that I found the original, I can review it! A wonderful recipe and a definite keeper! One of our favorites! Thanks again and again!