1/4 Photos of The Ultimate Flank Steak - the Original Recipe
6 hrs 8 mins
Chef Shadows's Note:
SOURCE SHADOWS -- This is the way I posted this recipe originally to About.com. I know there is a post by another member, but this is the original one. Prep Time includes marination time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This steak is best served with the center red/pink, it is at it's most tender state at that point.
- 2Place steak in sealable plastic bag.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, except butter, and place in refrigerator for 6 to 12 hours to marinate.
- 4Turn bag over at least four times during marination.
- 5Grill over hot hardwood coals, basting frequently with marinade, for about 8-10 minutes a side.
- 6Check for doneness.
- 7When done cut steak on diagonal across the grain.
- 8Serve with remaining marinade that has been heated to a boil with butter added.
- 9The flavors can be intensified by using your favorite smoking chips on the cooking coals (I use sassafras, hickory, or apple).
- 10Leftovers make excellent sandwiches when topped with bacon, tomato and melted cheese (Swiss, Cheddar, Smoked Gouda or Blue) and remaining marinade drizzled on top.
- 11I store the leftovers in the marinade to keep the steak moist and flavorful.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Flank Steak - the Original Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.2 mg
- Sodium 801.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: