Recipe by Nasseh
I have never cared for salsa because I hate to bite down into an onion or pepper. Making salsa dip this way solves that problem.
Top Review by Buzymomof3
As they finished off half the dip they decided they liked it. One daughter liked the fact it stayed on the chip, the other would have liked some whole beans in it too for some texture but agreed it had good flavor and the right amount of zing. Made for PRMR.
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmedium salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drain half juice
- 1⁄4 cup hot taco sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 ounces light sour cream
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the salsa, black beans with juice, taco sauce, & garlic powder in a food processor until all chunks are gone.
- Pour the mixture into a microwave safe bowl & add the cheese.
- Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Add in the sour cream & stir until blended.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.