2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 30 mins
tree luee dee's Note:
Phew....that's a long name. Anyway, I have had this clipping from a Woman's World magazine forever! The picture is just stunning and I can't wait to try it. It look decadent, professional and oh, so yummy. If someone tries this before I do, please let me know...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pecans, chopped divided
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3 lbs granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped and quartered
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Spread pecans on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes; cool.
- 3CRUST: Coat bottom and inside of a 9" springform pan with cooking spray.
- 4In food processor process 1 cup pecans until fnely ground (or finely chop with a knife.)
- 5At medium-low speed beat flour into refrigerated sugar cookie dough until combined.
- 6Stir in ground pecans.
- 7Press dough onto side and bottom of pan, creating scant 1/4 inch thick crust; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- 8Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- 9Bake crust 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10FILLING: Toss apples with sugar, flour, ginger, cinnamon and remaining pecans; spoon into pan.
- 11Sprinkle with chopped caramels.
- 12Cover tightly with foil.
- 13Bake for 45 minutes.
- 14CRUMB TOPPING: Meanwhile, at low speed combine flour, sugars, and cinnamon.
- 15Increase speed to medium gradually add butter and vanilla, beating until wet crumbs form.
- 16Remove pie from oven, uncover.
- 17Using hands press tablespoonfuls of crumb mixture toether to form large crumbs; place over filling, covering entire surface.
- 18Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes or untill lightly browned.
- 19Cool on rack; remove side from pan.
- 20Stir together confectioners' sugar and 4 teaspoons water until smooth.
- 21Transfer to plastic food storage bag; snip 1 corner; drizzle over crumbs.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Crumb-Topped Deep-Dish Apple-Caramel Pie
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.5
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 252.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: