Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Makes a very moist roast pork with a delicious sauce to serve over rice. Add a veggie and you have a great and easy meal. Recipe found on the web.
- 3 lbs rolled pork roast
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Combine all ingredients except flour and water.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours and low for 4 hours.
- Remove roast and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Measure cooking liquid from crock pot and add enough water to make 1 3/4 cups.
- Place in saucepan.
- Blend flour and water together to form a smooth paste.
- Stir into reserved liquid and bring to boil.
- Cook and stir until thick.
This is a wonderful pork roast. The pineapple didn't over power the sauce but was a nice additive. I wouldn't recommend cooking the roast for 4 Hours on High and then 4 Hours on Low. That truely will be the cause of a dried out roast. You can cook it on High for 4 to 5 hours or Low for 6 to 8. You can cook it on High for about 1 hour then turn it to Low. The gravy thickened nicely. Served it with Garden Vegetable Rice and Green Beans. Thanks for posting.
This was really tasty. My husband really liked. I know I will make it again
This was amazing!! I was a little worried when I put all of the liquid in and it barely covered the bottom of my crockpot, but when I got home there was a tasty porkroast and lots of gravy. Also, I didnt add flour to the sauce, but instead, served the pork in a 9X11 pan with the juice in it. Thanks, marie, for posting.