1/1 Photo of The Ultimate Creamy Chilled Seafood Pasta Salad
Especially well suited for summertime entertaining-- I like to prepare this creamy chilled seafood pasta salad in the morning, refrigerate, and serve to guests in the evening outside on the patio accompanied with a crusty baguette, butter, and a good bottle of white wine! Be sure to serve this salad well-chilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 -16 ounces shell pasta, cooked (measured dry)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 lbs imitation crabmeat, chunks (or use real crab or shrimp)
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon zest, minced small
- fresh lemon juice (1 to 2 squeezes)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, with leaves thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli floret, broken up (cooked al dente)
- 6 small dill pickles, slivered
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Spanish olives, chopped
- 2 -4 dashes garlic powder
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt & pepper, to taste
- lettuce leaf, for garnish
- 1Mix ingredients in order given; season to taste with salt & pepper.
- 2Garnish with chopped chives and lemon wedges. Cover and keep refrigerated until serving time.
- 3Best chilled for 6 to 8 hours to allow flavors to marry.
- 4Serve well chilled, atop a bed of crisp salad greens.
- 5A lovely light summertime main-dish, or starter. Serve this salad well-chilled with a crusty baguette, butter, and a good bottle of white wine (such as Chablis).
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Creamy Chilled Seafood Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.0
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 1274.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 19.8 g