Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Especially well suited for summertime entertaining-- I like to prepare this creamy chilled seafood pasta salad in the morning, refrigerate, and serve to guests in the evening outside on the patio accompanied with a crusty baguette, butter, and a good bottle of white wine! Be sure to serve this salad well-chilled.
- 12 -16 ounces shell pasta, cooked (measured dry)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 lbs imitation crabmeat, chunks (or use real crab or shrimp)
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon zest, minced small
- fresh lemon juice (1 to 2 squeezes)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, with leaves thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli floret, broken up (cooked al dente)
- 6 small dill pickles, slivered
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Spanish olives, chopped
- 2 -4 dashes garlic powder
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt & pepper, to taste
- lettuce leaf, for garnish
- Mix ingredients in order given; season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Garnish with chopped chives and lemon wedges. Cover and keep refrigerated until serving time.
- Best chilled for 6 to 8 hours to allow flavors to marry.
- Serve well chilled, atop a bed of crisp salad greens.
- A lovely light summertime main-dish, or starter. Serve this salad well-chilled with a crusty baguette, butter, and a good bottle of white wine (such as Chablis).