Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so creamy and a super way to use leftover chicken.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cut up cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- While spaghetti is cooking, cook bacon in a a skillet, stirring frequently, until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon and drain.
- Drain fat from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon in the pan.
- Cook onion and garlic in bacon fat over medium heat about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Stir in spaghetti, chicken, cheese and whipping cream.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Toss with bacon.
Sorry, I am going to be odd man out! For this dish to be creamy, it needed at least 1 cup of whipping cream. I added some pepper and hot sauce to perk it up a bit....but that wasn't enough! I probably won't come back to this one!!
Great recipe! I was feeding a small army so I used 4 huge chicken breasts, a box and a half of fettuccine and pretty much double everything else. Added sea salt and pepper and a can of drained peas and the dinner table had little conversation because the meal was being gobbled down by all! Even my 4 and 6 yr old boys didn't say a word about the peas that I slipped in let alone try to pick them out! Huge score!! I'm going to put this recipe in the regular rotation and Next time precook the chicken and maybe even bacon to save time. Thank you!
I made this recipe and it was delicious! I added peas for I love them and they are acceptable in meal! It was a fantastic meal for winter night! The recipe was spot on! I make it again for sure for it make a great leftover for lunch too!