1/1 Photo of The Ultimate Cream Cheese Swirled Brownie
This is a Crisco recipe and is totally decadent. Everyone asked me to make these again. The recipe is made in a 9x13-inch pan, but I find that it doesn't cook evenly that way. I prefer to double the recipe and make it in three 8 or 9-inch square pans. They are a very soft and fudgey brownie. They're best after being frozen and can even be eaten straight out of the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CREAM CHEESE BATTER
- 1/3 cup golden flavour Crisco
- 250 g light cream cheese (I use Philadelphia)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9x13-inch pan with Golden Flavour Crisco. Double this recipe to make three 9-inch pans.
- 2For cream cheese batter, cream Crisco, cream cheese, and sugar in medium-size bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs, flour, and vanilla thoroughly.
- 3For brownie, melt Crisco and chocolate in small saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- 4Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla, beating well. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir in to chocolate mixture.
- 5Spread half of brownie batter in pan. Spread cream cheese layer evenly on top. Drop remaining chocolate batter over cheese mixture, spreading gently to cover. Swirl together gently with tip of a knife.
- 6Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Do not overbake. Cool.
- 7Once the brownies have cooled in the pan a little while, you can cut them, but don't remove them from the pan yet! Let them sit for about 1 hour until they firm up. Then you can remove them from the pan without them getting all squished up. Also, these NEED to be frozen -- you can defrost them slightly or even eat them straight out of the freezer. But DO NOT keep them on the counter!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Cream Cheese Swirled Brownie
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 54
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 76.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g