Recipe by Marie
This is one of the best party spreads I have ever had. Recipe was given to me by a friend many years ago and has remained among my very favorites.
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can crabmeat (or small pkg frozen, thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped Spanish olives
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 small grated onion
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and flake crab meat.
- Mash egg with fork and mix with mayonnaise& crab meat.
- Mix gelatin with cold water and dissolve over hot water.
- Stir gelatin into mayonnaise mixture along with onion, lemon juice and vegetables.
- Place in oiled mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold and serve with crackers or party rye bread.