Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chocolate Chip And Oatmeal Cookies at their best. This recipe really IS the ULTIMATE in a cookie! Cooking time is per pan of cookies, not total cooking time. It really depends on how big you make them, as to how many you will get on a sheet. Just make sure you spread them 2" apart on the cookie sheet, because they do spread a little. Kids will love them, and I betcha you can't eat just one!
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cups oatmeal, blended
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Hershey Bars, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups walnuts or 3 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
- Cream the butter and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
- Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar, and nuts.
- Roll into balls, and place 2" apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 mins., at 375.
These cookies were awesome Linda. The flavor and texture were perfect. Crisp, tender and very chocolatey. I love oatmeal with bittersweet chocolate chips and pecans. Thanks so much for sharing. Into my keeper box this goes.
I cut the recipe in half...and still had HEAPS! Choc chip cookies are a favourite in our house, n this one went down a treat. Reveiewed for PAC Fall 2007