Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
My sister has been making these for an age. No one can make them as well as she can, but have a go!
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the butter and brown sugar together until creamy.
- Add egg, mix thoroughly.
- Add Vanilla and Milk, blend.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to brown sugar mixture, blend until flour is all mixed.
- Add chocolate chips.
- On a non-greased cookie sheet, drop spoonfuls of dough to form round cookies.
- Bake form 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies, or longer for crunchy.
Mmm, I found these cookies to be super yummy! They were crunchy on the outside with a nice chocolatey centre and tasted lovely! I didnt find them to be greasy or lacking in flour, but I reduced the butter to 1/2 cup + 1 tbs. As Im not that fond of super sweet cookies I reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup and that was perfect for me. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing your lovely recipe with us, Morgan! Ill definitely make it again!
There isn't enough flour in the recipe! I only baked these for about 7 min before they started to burn. THey are also very Greasy. I added another cup of flour and they turned out just fine