Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a Crisco recipe. I am sure everyone has it, but it truly is the best along with all the other recipes on the box.
- 177.44 ml Butter Flavor Crisco
- 295.73 ml lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 29.58 ml milk
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml chipits semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream shortening and brown sugar in large bowl at medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes, or until light.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla, beating 1 minute, or until thoroughly blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture gradually, beating on low speed for 1 minute or just until blended.
- Stir in chips and pecans.
- Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet leaving about 3 inches between cookies.
- Bake at 375° for about 8-10 minutes.
- Cookies will still appear moist when baked.
- Cool 2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
wow what great cookies my son and I made this and all the family loved them will make this my No.1 chocolate chip recipe from now on. Think next time I,ll double the chocolate as Lisa did can never have to much chocolate.
This is the best recipe for chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. I've been making this one for at least 10 years. I believe the secret is under baking. Take them out when they are just a touch moist in the center. I love the way these cookies are a little salty and I alway use double the amount of chocolate chips. Thanks for posting, I was going to today to ensure I never lose this recipe. Lisa