Recipe by CookingMonster
This is a Crisco recipe. I am sure everyone has it, but it truly is the best along with all the other recipes on the box.
Top Review by fiery
wow what great cookies my son and I made this and all the family loved them will make this my No.1 chocolate chip recipe from now on. Think next time I,ll double the chocolate as Lisa did can never have to much chocolate.
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 1⁄4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chipits semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream shortening and brown sugar in large bowl at medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes, or until light.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla, beating 1 minute, or until thoroughly blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture gradually, beating on low speed for 1 minute or just until blended.
- Stir in chips and pecans.
- Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet leaving about 3 inches between cookies.
- Bake at 375° for about 8-10 minutes.
- Cookies will still appear moist when baked.
- Cool 2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.