1/12 Photos of The Ultimate Chocolate Brownie Muffins
This recipe goes back to when my son was small and that is quite a while back, and I still make them, these are moist and rich no need for an electric mixer for this recipe it's all mixed with a wooden spoon, I have even added in chopped walnuts or mini chocolate chips, my Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing works great with these :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml good quality baking cocoa
- 4.92 ml baking powder (heaping)
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine, melted
- 118.29 ml boiling water
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 295.73 ml sugar (or to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 314.66 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 118.29 ml walnuts (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- 3In a medium bowl combine cocoa and baking powder; mix to combine.
- 4Add in boiling water; mix well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- 5Add in the melted butter and vanilla; mix well.
- 6Add in the sugar, mix well with a wooden spoon.
- 7Stir in eggs with a wooden spoon; mix until combined.
- 8Mix the flour with salt; add in the chocolate mixture; mix well to combine (batter will be a bit on the thin side).
- 9Add/mix in mini chocolate chips or walnuts (or 1 cup of both!).
- 10Using an ice cream scoop fill each of the muffin tins almost to the top.
- 11Bake for 25-30 minutes or until muffins are done, don't over bake! (might take a little longer, depending on how full the muffin tins are with the batter).
- 12Cool, drizzle glaze over or frost with buttercream frosting.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Chocolate Brownie Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.3
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.5 mg
- Sodium 193.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g