Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the best chip dip I have ever had and probably the simplest to make. You can modify this lots of ways by changing the cheese type (I occasionally change it to a Taco Cheese Mix) or adding things to spice it up like jalapeños. It's perfect for when people drop in unannounced because it is so quick and easy to make. Anytime I make this for a party, I end up having to make it 2 or 3 times because it goes so fast.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can no-bean chili (Armor chili works the best but Hormel Chili does pretty good as well)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Frito Scoops
- In a glass pie plate or square Pyrex glass baking dish, spread the block of cream cheese with a spoon across the entire bottom of the dish evenly. It will be a little difficult to spread so you can soften it in the Microwave for a few seconds to make it easier if you wish. Be sure not to leave any holes.
- Take the chili and spread the whole Can across the cream cheese evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese across the top evenly just enough to where it will make a nice layer of cheese with no holes when it melts.
- Microwave on High for 5 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and the edges are bubbling.
- Let it stand for 2 minutes to cool.
- Serve with the Frito Scoops and enjoy!
Quick and good and versitle, but I think made as the recipe's written it's best served to kids or teenagers.
This is so delicious! Sinful, but delicious. I added chopped green onions on top after microwaving. Might add black olives as well next time.
This is a terrific recipe; used it many times for a QUICK appetizer. AND it is. I make it with my Frosty Nights Chili without the beans. Delish!Thanks for posting, Tibbsy.