Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe is from the Spice Islands website.
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon spice islands 100% pure bourbon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
Chocolate Rum Sauce
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate or 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounce white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 caramels
- 2 teaspoons spice islands 100% pure bourbon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt the chocolates and butter in a double boiler, stirring until smooth. Whisk in cocoa; set aside to cool slightly. (If a double boiler is not available, use a heavy saucepan over low heat. Watch closely to avoid burning).
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl until just combined. Stir in flour with a wooden spoon. Add chocolate/butter mixture. Spread mixture into a greased 8-inch square pan. Bake until slightly puffed in the middle, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; immediately pierce holes in hot brownie with a fork or knife. Pour warm sauce over top. Serve warm or cooled.
- Melt all ingredients in a double boiler (or heavy saucepan) over medium-low heat.