Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Glamour's Great Brownie Bake-Off. The secret ingredient is olive oil.
- 14 tablespoons butter (2 sticks minus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, blocks
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan with foil; grease the bottom and sides of the foil with butter.
- Melt butter; olive oil and chocolate in a metal bowl suspended over simmering water (or use a double boiler).
- In a separate, large bowl beat eggs, whisking in salt, sugars, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate-oil mixture.
- Fold in flour until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until the top is shiny and feels moderately firm to the touch.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature for uo to foud days.
First of all, dojemi, your page is *so* adorable. Secondly, THANK YOU because these brownies were so amazing. wow..... thank you so, so much.