Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
It's a cross between a fudgie and a cake brownie. So delicious! This is one of the best brownie recipes.
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup butter
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 2 1⁄2 cups walnuts, toasted
- Melt chocolate and butter; set aside.
- In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for 10 minutes.
- Blend in chocolate mixture, flour and salt until just mixed.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. (Don't overbake.) Cool and frost with a chocolate icing, if desired.