Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This looks so nice when it's done, with the cheese bubbling on top. And it tastes as good as it looks! You could also use left over cooked potatoes, sliced, instead of cooking them especially for this dish.
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 6 strip bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 0.25 ml dill or 0.25 ml other herbs
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- Boil potatoes in a small saucepan until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan and fry the onions, mushrooms and bacon until onions are clear and bacon is cooked.
- Drain potatoes and put into frying pan, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Make sure ingredients are spread evenly over the pan and then pour eggs evenly over the base.
- Season with herbs, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Let cook for 2 minutes or until eggs start to set.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake under a grill until eggs are cooked and cheese is bubbling and brown (3-5 minutes).
- Serve with a tall glass of orange juice and some toast.
I BAKED THIS: This was delicious; I made it for our 16 person brunch. I did make some changes and here they are: I roasted the potatoes using the recipe on Lipton Onion Soup Mix Box. Used spring onions instead of regular onions. Added Bell Peppers too. BAKED in oven at 400 Degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. Then did the cheese on top under the broiler. It was so good. The dill really pulled this dish together. What a keeper!
I followed Bobbie's suggestion and made this using whatever I had on hand and it was delish! I also didn't have access to grill to get the top, so I flipped it into a buttered skillet instead to brown the top. Made it not quite as pretty, but very yummy :) I shared a picture if you want to see it.
I partially cooked the potatoes in the micro then sauteed the onion and peppers(in place of mushrooms), cooked potatoes 3 min. and put into a baking dish. Topped with the egg mixture, bacon, green onion and 350 deg. for 23 min. Added the cheese and let it sit in oven (oven off) for 2 min. Turned out great.