Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very filling and hearty breakfast that is large enough for the Holiday gatherings,or if Company is coming or even Vacation. Recipe can be divided and frozen for travel or vacation. This recipe feeds 10 - 12 hungry people!
- 1⁄2 lb diced Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup French onion dip (optional) or 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled cooked bacon or 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup diced and sauteed' red and green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups biscuit mix or 2 cups self rising flour
- 6 large beaten eggs
- 20 ounces thawed package frozen hash browns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper (suit to your own taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup crumbled buttery crackers or 1 cup potato chips
- Melt the first five ingredients (or six if you use the sour cream or onion dip) in the microwave, stirring every couple of minutes until cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Let the cheese mixture cool.
- In a extra large mixing bowl, add dry ingredients (Flour or baking mix and spices).
- When the Cheese mixture has cooled, add it to the dry mix.
- next add eggs, meat, mushrooms and peppers.
- Last add the potatoes (make sure they are not frozen and if they seem wet use a paper towel and pat them dry).
- When everything has been mixed, divide and pour the batter into two 9x13 sprayed or greased baking dishes. (I usually freeze 1/2 for a later date). This recipe freezes well.
- Top the batter with crumbled Ritz crackers or even Lay's potato chips.
- Bake on 375° to 400° (depending on how hot your oven gets) for 45 minutes or until done.
- Serve with Salsa, sliced tomatoes, or sour cream and enjoy!
I think needs twice the hashbrowns & ct back on the flour
I served this casserole at a church brunch, everyone loved it. Men wanted seconds and women wanted the recipe. It was a big hit. I am making again tomorrow.
Very good!!! A great hit with my family & friends....